Thursday, February 16, 2006

Religious activism not reported by the media

Funny the things the media doesn’t report. Did you hear that 115 religious activists were arrested this past December for protesting Congressional budget cuts to social programs that would affect the poor? I hadn’t. And I wouldn’t have if I hadn’t found this site while looking for religious anti-torture groups. (I did hear Cindy Sheehan was arrested again recently, but I didn't care at the time and don't know whether it was related.)

Interestingly, I hadn’t seen this one before either. Evidently those pesky Catholics were protesting Gitmo back in December. It’s a page in a Google cache…I have no idea what happened to the original or whether it is still around, but it only happened 2 months ago.

I’ve always found it odd that more religious folk don’t protest torture. Maybe they do routinely, but no one pays attention?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home