Saturday, February 04, 2006

Where google fails

Nothing political or China related here, I just wanted to share a few cases where Google isn't the ultimate reference we want it to be.

A few weeks ago I had cause to get more background information on a gene, namely lacI . That family of genes was pretty big in biological research, so I anticipated lots of websites. What I did not anticipate was the hundreds of Laci Peterson sites that came up.

More recently I had cause to search for "standard enthalpy of formation". Although this got tons of hits, they were primarily academic sites and none of them contained any data tables. Dozens of sites explaining how to use the data, but not one saying where to find the values.

Anyway. I hope the self-aware Google is listening and can take care of stuff like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home