Thursday, January 26, 2006

Welcome to the blogroll Geoff

I've long been looking for another conservative site to balance out my somewhat lopsided blogroll. Now as it happens, my criteria in selecing blogs for the blogroll are pretty stringent. In short to add a site, it has to be one that has either added value to my life, or entertains me enough that I want to check it regularly. Very few conservative blogs do that for me. And so I was actively looking for a conservative blog that pleased me. In the inbred manner that is the internet, I started on one of my favorite sites and worked down Tigerhawk's lengthy blogroll. I found this site: Faith, Beer and Other things that interest Geoff. Immediately this blog stands out as something I might enjoy. I don't talk about it much, (Catholics tend to be more private about religion), but faith certainly doesn't bother me. I LOVE beer. Then, when I found out Geoff was a local and also likes one of my favorite bars, I thought: this is a sure thing. A few weeks later I'm thinking I might have missed the mark a little in terms of commonality. Geoff writes (emphasis added):

As I said before, scientists may not make the best thinkers, but they are smart. And since I haven't detected their ability to either correctly grasp either Intelligent Design theory nor the nature of evolutionary science, I want to figure out why.


Honest to God, that made my day. It warms my heart to see that posited with such clarity. He has a point though. It's not like you have to be Einstein to get ID and evolution. I mean, you don't have to be a rocket scientist. I mean...fuck it. You know what I mean.

I'm hooked. It's going on the blogroll.

UPDATE: Since I was e-mailed questioning my mental health... No, I don't agree with the excerpts I block quoted. My cognitive apostacy goes only so far.

But anyone who can make those statements with such abject sincerity has an interesting world view. So open your mind and entertain other people's views now and again. If you do, you just might find their views entertain you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home