Saturday, February 04, 2006

Philly's finest.

On my daily bike ride to campus today I noticed that many of the traffic lights were out. Not blinking, just dead. This actually happens quite a lot along Spruce street, for whatever reason (probably construction at Penn). Anyway, half a dozen lights were out including the one on the South Street exit from I-95. It was a little chaotic, as it always is in a city when lights don't work, and especially on rainy mornings.

So I''m thinking: this must have just happened and the city will respond to it soon. Sure enough, up at the next broken light there's a police car with lights on. But oddly enough, the car wasn't there about the taffic lights. It was there to block people from using 33rd street which was closed off for construction.

Twelve feet away from a chaotic intersection without any traffic lights a police officer was sitting in his parked cruiser. As I peered in the window I saw he was playing windows solitare.

3 Comments:

Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for scrap cars gold coast
cash for unwanted cars caboolture

10:37 PM  
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
car removal sydney
cash for cars sydney nsw

10:52 PM  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
cash for scrap cars ipswich
car buyer logan

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home