Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back from vacation - some personal navelgazing

Back from a beautiful vacation in Colorado. It was a great break and it was good to spend time with the fiance and her family. It was also startling to hear that the future in-laws at least occasionally read the blog! Uhoh! I've heard people suggest you never write anything you wouldn't want your mother to read, but how about your mother-in-law? Some of the things I've written...I shudder to think. (Good thing she's not Republican.) Anyway, I might have to change my tone some, or get an editor something... Nah, fuck it, the cat's out of the bag. (Sorry K!)

Speaking of cats, it's good to be back home with mine. Yes, for anyone who didn't know, I have cats. I don't Friday cat blog, because for the most part people don't care about my cats. Also they value their privacy. Besides, they're unclothed and under 18, so no photos (and stop asking you pervert). Moving on now...we hit cats, how about a story about a dog.

The story goes something like this: an elderly family friend has diabetes, and also had some sort of foot injury. The wound became infected and had to be amputated. That's pretty sad, as my own grandfather had a very similar situation before he passed away. Fortunately, the family friend has largely recovered, and gets around on a prosthetic or on a electric scooter. Which brings me to the dog. I'm not sure exactly what kind of breed Skippy is, but I'm picturing a 20lb spaniel-type thing. Skippy's getting on in years himself and doesn't have all his teeth. It must hurt the poor little thing to chew hard things like dog biscuits. Anyway, Skippy found himself a solution to that problem. These days when he gets a dog biscuit he puts it behind the wheel of the electric scooter, knowing that when the scooter runs it over it will be crushed and he can eat the pieces without having to chew so hard.

And they say old dogs can't learn new tricks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home