Saturday, January 20, 2007

AEI and NASA?

One of my guilty pleasures is reading the libertarian coffeeshop: Hit n Run. This post over there talks about different edcation standards for different level students. I was paying attention until I saw this: (emphasis mine)

This is obviously politically untenable, but I wonder how much the market corrects for the relative intelligence of young people right now. Below-average people can go to college, but their records are not passed on to NASA or AEI fellowship programs. They are courted by different industries; the army, for example, spends more time spelunking for recruits from State University than they do from Yale.


I don't know about you, but when essayists start comparing AEI fellows to rocket scientists, I start to question their judgement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home