Monday, April 10, 2006

Chick Musicians Against Bush?

I love the new song Not Ready to Make Nice, by the Dixie Chicks. It struck me as a smidge bitter, but I actually find it more moving because of the unvarnished emotional content. I went so far as to claim it might make a good gift for a Bush-hater. I missed the boat on that though. Hard-core Bush haters want the new Pink/Indigo Girls song. Surf on over to Eschaton for a listen.

Dear Mr President:

What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away
And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay
I can only imagine what the first lady has to say
You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine

Let me tell you bout hard work
Minimum wage with a baby on the way

You don't know nothing bout hard work
Not musically as good as Galileo or Romeo and Juliet, but grabs your attention just the same. If nothing else, it shows how genteel the Dixie Chicks have been.

You can also check Lucky Dawg News (see disclaimer below first) for the full lyrics and one Rightie's take on the song.

(Disclaimer: Lucky Dawg News might or might not be within the exposure limits of some readers. The previous post at Lucky Dawg is "Sharon Stone is a real degenerate pig- STONE ADVOCATES ORAL SEX". Both the posts and the comments there are a little...charged. Don't blame me if you feel dirty, I warned you.)

UPDATE: I'd be remiss if I didn't also link to this backstory by Billboard. Link credit to Lucky Dawg News. I hope Pink and her father can keep the peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home