Saturday, July 29, 2006

Quickie

Light posting this week since my internet's been down. Also I had to get my AC fixed for some big $$. And for icing on the cake, the car I was borrowing from my parents got stolen. Gotta love Philly.

I do want to make a quick post about a genius tactic by the Republicans to ward off the beating they've taken on not raising the minimum wage. Now they've decided it's ok to raise the minimum wage, so long as the estate taxes go too. It's a brilliant way to recoup some electorate while still throwing a gold plated bone to the folks who really matter (the ones with estates). I think it's going to work.

Now it happens that I think the estate tax is one of the best possible ways for the state to get revenue. More on that another day. Today I want to talk about what this bill really is all about. Fucking the middle class. The poor get a tangible benefit, and the rich get their billions in bonuses. But all the shrinking middle class gets is a larger share of the tax burden.

Do you make more than 7$ an hour? If you don't have any millionaire relatives who plan on leaving you an estate, you're the one getting screwed by this bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home