Monday, January 09, 2006

Worst poll of the new year

I'm calling bullshit on this stupid poll.

Jan. 9, 2006 — Six in 10 Americans plan to follow the Senate confirmation hearings that start today for Supreme Court nominee Samuel Alito, and his supporters continue to outnumber his opponents by about a 2-1 margin.
In a country that barely pulls in a 6 in 10 voter turnout for presidential elections, you want to tell be that 6 in 10 are going to be listening to senators drone on at these talks? Bullshit. The superbowl draws 50 million to 100 million viewers (vs US population of nearly 300 million)...and Alito ain't the superbowl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Craig Lowery said...

I think that Supreme Court judges are a whole lot more important than the Super Bowl. However, I wouldn't listen to those Senators for 10 minutes... and I wouldn't waste 5 seconds watching the Super Bowl.

10:10 PM  
Blogger TigerHawk said...

Saying that Supreme Court judges are a whole lot more important than the Super Bowl is to confound your categories. Doctors are more important than Springer Spaniels, and is there any question that philosophers are more important than Kraft macaroni and cheese dinner?

However, I agree with the call of BS.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Lanky_Bastard said...

Uhoh...let's not have it said that I claimed the superbowl was more "important" than the Supreme Court. It's just an example... I just picked something with evident mass appeal.

Or...maybe I'm wrong and C-Span should charge a million dolars a minute for ads.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home