Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Speech

I'm dissapointed. There's little new in that speech, except that it was short. Also nothing to brace the nation for imminent scandal...maybe said scandal isn't coming. We can hope.

Anyway, I saw it from a bar, which means I couldn't hear it. If you ever have a chance to watch a closed-captioned speech from the President, you totally should. Now I'll admit that typing live is waaay beyond me, but it's funny some of the typos.

"Air [our] strategy can be summed up..."

"The Department of Defence has set up a website - AmericaSportsYou.mil. [AmericaSupportsYou]"

Those are the only ones I remember. (I was at a bar mind you) Anyway it helped visuallize his diction.

UPDATE: having read the transcript, I'm forced to concede there was nothing to support the "liberals are sympathizers" theme. Good for the President for not politicizing the issue (directly).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home