Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A curious contention

TigerHawk was kind enough to feature a few of my words the other day, if only to dispute them.

I claim:

Of course Clinton wouldn't have invaded Iraq. Most former presidents wouldn't have (including 41).


And he claims:

Setting aside Bush 41 and Clinton, I submit that virtually all American presidents prior to Jimmy Carter would have invaded Iraq under similar circumstances.

In the spirit of civil discourse, I'll let Tiger of the hook for calling me "Leftish" though I usually object to that term. And since he pretty much called for one, I gave him a proper response in the comments.

Was the Iraq war a purely logical consequence of our circumstances, or was it unique to a visionary named GW Bush? Think about it yourself. For my part, I've come to the conclusion that it's silly to argue what a bunch of dead white guys would or would not have done in similar circumstances. Kinda vague and pointless.

Unless, of course you're into constitutional law...then it makes perfect sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home