Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A sad day for Democrats

I admit it. Occasionally I bottom out and hit the extremities...this time the talk at DailyKos is just too disturbing. Read the passage if you like, but more so read the comments. The passage is about Lieberman and his high ratings among Republicans. Yeah, it's true that I don't like Joe for being hawkish and because I agree with Huey. The Kos clan argument goes something like this: he's bad because 1 Republicans like him 2 He criticizes other Democrats and weakens the party.

I'm not going to defend Lieberman. I don't like him. I will say that the reason to vote out a Senator is that he isn't doing a good job for his constituency. The fact that he has bipartisan appeal is immaterial, or maybe even a good counter-argument.

I wish I were Republican and could laugh as the various commenters bash a Democrat for bashing Democrats. Ah, the juvenile rants, the infighting...and most assuredly the notion that anything they do is a win-win for me.

Rabid liberals, please, please focus on defeating Republicans, not yourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home